Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Charlie Edmondson

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:35:23 +0000, Pooh Bear
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:16:31 +0000, Pooh Bear
wrote:

phorbin wrote:

In article ,
m says...

So, assuming no dispute and solid science, why is it that the term "Climate
Change" is becoming the preffered term these days??

Because it's easier to pretend that "climate change" has nothing to do
with industry, oil, fossil fuels etc.? Some PR maven probably cooked it
up as part of a disinformation campaign.

How about because it's a more accurate description ? It isn't as simple as plain
'warming'. If the UK loses the Gulf Stream we'll be damn sight colder !

Graham

The jet stream has not dipped down into Arizona in months... the
result... 118 days without rain so far, and more moderate
temperatures... "three bears" style, just right ;-)

If this persists, our east coast and England and parts of Europe are
going to be damned cold.

...Jim Thompson

Can you educate me as to the influence of the jet stream on your local weather ? I'm
unfamiliar with this effect.

Graham

The normal jet stream pattern in winter dips down into northeast
Arizona creating a rotating wind pattern that sucks moisture from the
Gulf of Mexico, producing rain.

This year it has stayed uniformly north until into northern
Illinois/Michigan. In addition a stationary low has sat over Sonora
all this time, blocking cold air from the north and moisture from the
southeast.

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, we had one big storm back in Sept/Oct, and nothing since then.
Here in Borrego they are very disappointed, esp. the tourist folks. Our
biggest draw are the wildflowers that bloom in the spring here. We are
actually getting a small bloom now, but with no additional rain, it will
be pretty small this year. Actually, we could use a little rain!

Charlie