Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Grimm

Default CNC machine gets posponed

I just set up a cnc router using mach3 control software. It is amazing how
powerful it is, yet so easy to set up.

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news
BUMMER!!! I am reproducing a machine that I built 18 months ago and it
has
an XY table that is cam operated. I bought almost all the stuff to make

the
new one CNC but my customer has us running the 18 month old machine into
serious overtime with more orders looming. I need the new machine on-line
ASAP so I will go with the cam set-up and do CNC on the NEXT one. Notice

my
post about reproducing the cams. I just tripled the staff working on the
new machine...ain't America grand?

When I dive back into the CNC thing, I will be needing a bunch of

help...be
afraid.

Minor Gloat: I am now, or soon will be the largest producer of flat-wire
brushes in the WORLD!!! I almost scrapped the flat-wire line 5 years ago
because they are such a pain to make. One of my other customers begged me
not to and offered a 25% increase in the price to come up with better
technology. At that time, and up to 18 months ago, the brushes were made
almost by hand at 1/4 the speed.