Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.classic
Rob

Default tractor alternator

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Conor wrote:

In article . com,
Weatherlawyer says...

Boy, are you in the wrong forum.

Is he hell. It's something commonly done to classic cars, especially Morris Minors.

That's why I reposted it from UK.d-i-y.

IIR anything, the positive becomes negative to start with and then you have a big
deal with the earth wires.

No you don't. You don't understand electrics at all do you?

If I ever did, it was a long time before these things became classics.
And You are right, I don't remember much about it -but then it was an
awful long time ago.

So long ago I don't recall the name of the voltage control doo dah that
was the last thing I ever messed with on one of those things from the
pre alternator days.

That's why I reposted it to uk.rec.cars.classic. You dip****!

*******

Is there anyone here that actually has an answer for the OP?

When you fit an alternator - basically most alternators have a built in
regulator so the output goes to the positive of the battery. You may
have to fit into the circuit a indicator lamp (low watts)which comes
from a live pos feed and goes to the alternator small terminal - this is
the excite the diodes in the alternator to make it work. (this also is
dependent on the make of alternator)

So all wires are from the pos terminal of the battery. The old voltage
regulator removed - wires are soldered together.

Hope this makes sense!