Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Pandy

Default Elecric shower blown fuse

"David Hansen" wrote in message
How is it installed? Is it run through thermal insulation, clipped
to a wall, enclosed in conduit? Is it grouped with other cables?

A bit of all really! As far as I can tell, it runs through an internal wall with

the
cold pipe, up into the loft (insulated),

Is it above the insulation, below it, or in the middle of it?

Below - but this is only a short run (maybe 3-4 foot).

then down through another internal wall and
ends up in the cellar at the CU, at that end there are a load of cables going into

conduit.

How long is this conduit?

Well it drops 2 stories from the loft to the cellar. The only other cables coming out
at the loft end are lighting cables by the looks of it.

I can't find any. Rather than taking floorboards up etc - can the bonding be

checked
by measuring the resistance?

Not really, unless you wish to disconnect them from the rest of the
house:-)

Is the shower above a metal bath?

The shower referred to in my OP isn't, it's in a shower cubicle. My other shower,
however, is over a metal bath.

If so is there a green and yellow
wire going to that?

I can't find any earth cables anywhere in either bathroom, but I've not had a proper
look under the floorboards. Would you expect the hot & cold pipes feeding the sink to
be connected above the floor level - because they certainly aren't in either
bathroom.

Is there any low level electrical equipment in
the room, such as a towel rail, if so is there a similar wire going
to the equipment or the box from which it is fed.

Nope - no low level electrical equipement unless you count the immersion heater which
is in the airing cupboard in the bathroom.

I suspect this is something in the FAQ, but if not there is probably
much information available. Look for supplementary bonding in a
search engine.

Have done.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/5.4.3.htm

looks like a pretty good guide.