Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default desolder pump repair

"Homer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do not think so, but it could get stick if left alone. WD40 is not
the best either, use a 3in1 type of oil, very little though.

my 2cents worth,
Homer

I seem to recall years ago, using a tiny smear of washing up liquid on car
brake cylinder seals, to get them to fit onto the pistons, and then go into
the cylinders. I think it was one of those auto mechanics' trade tips. Those
seals are synthetic neoprene I think, so probably immune to attack by most
things. If the seals in your sucker are synthetic too, then I don't think
you will have a problem. I agree that WD40 is probably not the best, but if
the seal is rubber or a rubber derivative, then a mineral oil like 3 in 1
probably isn't very good either. I would have thought one of the modern
synthetic engine oils, or even a vegetable based cooking oil, would be
safest.

Arfa