Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default OT - Tim Daneluk

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Public schools need to be abolished pure and simple.

My feeling is that the Federal government should get out
of the education business

This would give the local governments time to ramp
up to accomodate it.

This would put big pressure on the local
governments to either outsource or privatize the schools.

Ok, I'm little confused. Let me see if I understand your point of
view...

a) Public schools should be abolished.

b) The federal govt should get out of the education business.

c) It should be a local govt matter

d) Local governments should take responsibility for education but
outsource it... OR... preferrably get out of the education business
altogether.

e) Ideally all education should be done in the home by parents or in
private schools and there should be no public involvement in education
whatsoever. The government's role in educating our youth should be no
bigger a priority than the government's role in doll collecting.

f) Since the government's (federal, state or local) role in education
is ideally zero, the government should also not attempt to set any
standards for educational proficiency. It's a purely market driven
matter.

I may have taken a few liberties, but do I understand you correctly?

Joe Barta