Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

Default OT - Truck Died

"J T" wrote in message
Mon, Feb 13, 2006, 7:08pm (EST-3) (jo4hn) doth
admit:
Amen. My kids all have cars newer and spiffier than my truck and I think
that they think that I'm a bit of a luddite. But they love me anyway.

I wouldn't call myself a "Ludite". However, there's nothing like
the sound of the secondaries kicking in on a Q-jet. You ain't gettin'
no sounds like that with no steenkin' fuel injection. My sons wanted a
Holley on the Luv. Didn't happen..

MASSIVE suckage! We had a '67 Imperial with(naturally) the 440 wedge/4bbl.
Holley. Dam, but my SWMBO loved that thing. Young hot rods had trouble
understanding that she could beat them in the stop light races because it
would squat down and git on with it while they were sitting there making
smoke.

--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.