Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:03:19 -0500, the renowned Keith Williams
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
In the original post I was speaking in Fahrenheit not Celcius or
Kelvin. An increase from 160 to 200 is 25 %, no matter where you are in
the world. Jeez, lighten up.........

All right. My temperature scale is (F-160)*5/4. Now what's the
(percentage) rise? Hint: It's still 6.4%.

Jeez, wise up.....

Is this still a sci group (or a practical group in the case of rcm)???

Heat loss is a function of temperature *difference* to the ambient, so
you are all wrong. So there. It's more like 100%. Of course heat
engines get more efficient when they have a larger temperature
difference to work with, so the total heat loss, all other things
being equal, would be less. Temperature difference is only one
factor-- a Maglite(tm) flashight bulb runs much hotter than a range
element, but uses only a tiny fraction of the power.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany