Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:03:48 +0000, the renowned Pooh Bear
wrote:

carneyke wrote:

In the original post I was speaking in Fahrenheit not Celcius or
Kelvin. An increase from 160 to 200 is 25 %,

The numerical increase is 25 % *only* because you've used the freezing
point of water as an arbitrary reference. Real science uses *absolute*
temperature.

I think I'd be more concerned about the rise above average ambient in
this case. If that's 70°F, and the numbers above are correct, the
difference is about 100%.

But, of course, temperature difference doesn't indicate what the total
heat loss is, and heat engines run more efficiently with a larger
difference from ambient, so all other things being equal you'd have
less total heat loss. A Maglite flashight bulb runs much hotter than a
range element, but uses only a tiny fraction of the power.

Do you know what absolute temperature is ?

no matter where you are in
the world. Jeez, lighten up.........

Learn some science !

Graham