Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Bosch repairs (Portsmouth area)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:37:02 +0000 (GMT), John Cartmell
wrote:

In article , Andy Hall
wrote:
The EU only issues Directives in relation to minimum or harmonised
standards to facilitate trade or social conditions. National
governments enact legislation based on them.

Yes. And the UK have enacted legislation - but mentioning the European
regs may push the right button.

Hmm.. not convinced. Since we are talking about Comet here rather than
sentient beings.

I meant with the advice people. What Comet need to know is that they are
wrong, the customers knows his rights, he has the backing of people who can
cause problems, and the local Comet manager will get a bollocking if this goes
pear-shaped.

I completely agree.

However, the store manager will follow instructions from on high, the
regional manager cares only about his sales numbers.

The whole thing works on the basis of most customers believing that
the warranty is the be-all and end-all and statutory rights are a
nebulous thing about which we know little.

Generally I've found that if an issue like this can't be resolved with
firm pushing at store level, going straight to senior management is
the next effective option.

I've found this particularly effective with Kingfisher, but Comet is
no longer part of that group - now part of Kesa Electricals.

--

..andy