Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Strange Loft Light Switch Configuration

In article . com,
sandydog wrote:
Can anyone help me wire a light switch in my loft? We've been without
light in there for about 6 years! It's our bedroom.

The thing is, there are three cables.

Cable 1 has 2 x red wires, and 1 earth
Cable 2 has 1 red, 1 black and 1 earth
Cable 3 has 1 red, 1 black and 1 earth

All three earths are joined together, as are cable 2 and 3's black
wires.

The switch was working fine until we had to pull the loft walls down,
and unfortunately we didn't make a note of what came from where. I
can't even remember if it's a two way switch working the landing light.
(The landing switch is a two way, one working the loft light).

Where are these cables? Are they all inside the two *gang* (not way -
although it will probably be a two gang two way) switch?

Or are they the cables at the light fitting?

--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.