Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick

Default venting dryer indoors

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:18:20 -0800, ~^Johnny^~
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:27:12 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:55:16 GMT, "Oscar_Lives"
wrote:

I don't care if it is electric, gas, or heated by gerbils rubbing their legs
together, it is still stupid and also potentially dangerous to vent a dryer
inside.

What is the danger with an electric dryer? Too much humidity? Too
much warmth? I give up.

Why is it stupid? Only because you think it is potentially dangerous,
or for some other reason?

Wow, dude! You just hung this poster out to dry!

When we first got married, we lived in an apartment. I wanted to get
my wife a washer and dryer, but there was no place for them except in
the kitchen. There was no vent outlet for the electric dryer, and we
had to unplug the cooking range to plug it in. When we ran it, the
windows in the entire apartment looked like you turned hoses on them.
Water ran down the walls and on the floor. It was like we were in a
steam bath. The only way we could run the dryer was to open the door
and all the windows. It can be done, but it's not very smart.