Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Michael A. Terrell

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

carneyke wrote:

Yeah, I am a little behind the times (Climate Change terminology being
in Vouge). On a serious note, this summer I read an article on
automobile registration in the USA. In 1975 (year I graduated from High
School) there were roughly 130 million cars registered. Today it is
around 280 million cars (I may be off on these numbers slightly).
Anyway, if you remember, cars ran at 160 degree F back then and today
they run at 200 degree F. They also have that hot little catalytic
converter. I truly believe, the doubling of cars (with catalytic
converters) and the 25 % increase in engine temperature must have some
effect on the atmosphere. I know this has been kicked around but the
article really opened my eyes to the heat generated by cars. I guess
this is a case of fixing one problem and creating another. Take Care

200°F is NOT a 25% increase over 160°F. What a useless LUSER.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida