Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Patterson

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:10:13 +0000, Pooh Bear
wrote:

John Popelish wrote:

Don Klipstein wrote:
(snip)
Looks like some recent record-big blizzards did not stop the world from
having its hottest year on record as a continuation of a recent-decades
upward trend, and less lignificantly the USA from having its hottest
January on record - should one more blizzard make much difference?

Global warming does not necessarily imply less snow, since warmer air
holds more moisture than colder air, allowing it to deliver more snow.
Only when global warming brings a particular location above the
freezing point, does it imply rain instead of snow. Expect places
that normally have had dry, cold winters to have warmer winters with
lots more snow. Till it gets lots warmer.

The warming is best measured by sea temp not air temp. There's a lot more
energy tied up in seawater than the atmosphere.

Note also that Katrina was as bad as it was due to higher sea temps in the
Atlantic and Gulf that also ensured that the air was moisture-laden thus
helping to increase the severity of the Hurricane.

Graham

If I recall correctly, the planet has been experiencing "global
warming" since the last ice age, about 13,000 years ago.

And before that ice age was a "global warming" that lasted several
thousand years until the ice age arrived.

And so on going back for severa such several-millenia l cycles.

But of course it's SUV's that are the root cause of THIS warming
trend..

Nevermind the fact that a single volcanic eruption can dump more
"greenhouse" gases into the atmosphere in a week than the human race
has produced since the first hominoid climbed out of the trees, it's
STILL SUV's that are the root cause of THIS warming trend.

I think some people have an inflated opinion of the human race's
importance.

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin