Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default dewalt 14.4 drill battery

"Dave D" wrote in message
news

Just to add to my last post- you might want to check that the internal
thermal/current cutout inside the battery pack hasn't failed open circuit.
If you are getting no reponse from the battery at all, ie drill not turning
at all, zero volts across the battery terminal, that is a possible cause,
and rather cheaper/easier to fix than failed cells. Bad cells would usually
give increasingly poor performance up until its failure. The fact that it
seems to have suddenly stopped working implies a component failure either
inside the battery, the charger or the drill itself, rather than bad cells,
but without further info I can't really speculate further.

Does the charge light (if any) come on when you try to charge the battery?

Dave