Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need help with ctc169. High voltage at B+

dkuhajda,

I measure across diode cr116u (I assume this is 4116 since it is in the
4000 Deflection region) It is located next to C7. When I plugged the
power cord in, it shot to 200vdc then slowly dropped off to 0 volts. I
then measure across cr118 (again assume it is 4118) it was located next
to TP4102 and near transformer 4102. It measured 10.79 when I plugged
in the power cord. So does this mean that cr4118 is bad? Why doe 4116
spike to 200v and then drops off to zero volts? So is next step to
replace cr4118 and HV splitter?