Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need help with ctc169. High voltage at B+

wrote:
TV will not power on. First disconnected red HV to splitter and tried
to power on. No luck. Next checked HOT for short, none found. Checked
voltage at collector of hot. Voltage shot up to 220 volts and then
trickled down to zero. The set does make a chirp sound when first
plugged in followed by 7 to 10 clicks and then nothing else happens.
Any ideas were to go from here? I would really appreciate any help. Are
there any other checks I should make or start replacing c4103, cr4101
cr4106 cr4118 cr4108?

Shallowrunner.

You need only measure the voltages on cr4116 and cr4118 with the tv
turned OFF in standby. The 15 volt line should be 13.4v-15v and the
143v line should not be over 148v.

If those are high then the standby regulation stage is bad in the main
smps and nothing else you check will matter. Typically the 2.2uf cap
near the smps ic is the culprit if both voltages are reading a bit
high.

If the 143V line is high and the 15v line is low, then cr4118 is bad.

Be aware that if this is the rptv, then the high voltage turn on
attempts probably damaged the high voltage splitter and it may need
replaced, but fix the supply first.