Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default Combination machines - US vs Euro Woodworking Approach

"alexy" wrote in message
"Frank Drackman" wrote:

"charlie b" wrote in message
Interesting thread about combination machines.
It's an obvious lead into to an underlying topic
U.S. vs Euro woodworker approaches to woodworking
and their expectations.

Charlie I read every word of your post and have no idea what the point is.

Well, reread with the following considerations:
1) Factor in Charlie's close: "(babble mode now being set to OFF)" and
recognize that this meant it was on during the writing of the post.
2) Don't read it expecting to learn anything about combination
machines or US vs. European approaches to woodworking (except some
broad "philosophy of life" generalizations)
3) Don't get thrown off by the early paragraph that indicates that
something about the steps or machines used in stock preparation may be
following.
With that framework, you will find a quite lucid characterization of
woodworkers, particularly hobbyists. (Why do so many call us
"hobbiests"?) I certainly recognized others I know in person or from
postings here, as well as myself both now and at various stages of my
involvement in the hobby.

I fully understood everything that you say, but as I was reading it I
thinking that there was going to be a great point at end but it just kind of
pooped out.