Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default air compressors

"brianlanning" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks, this is just the kind of info I was after.

Do you bolt them to the floor? I had originally planned to put this on
the same mobile base I make for everything else (for the inevitable
move or if I want to rearrange things temporarily). My mobile base is
either 2x4s or 4x4s half-lapped into an X pattern so that they pass
under the four feet of the machine, then lagscrewed to the machine.
The length of the 2x4s depends on the top-heavyness of the machine.
And I usually over-do the casters so that they have big wheels. The
manual says to use expansion bolts in concrete though in order to avoid
vibration. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Not advisable to put compressors on wheels. Bolted down is usually the
recommendation and in some areas may even be required by some local code.
Consider this to be a fixture in your shop, not a mobile device.
--

-Mike-