Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Ed Huntress

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

Sorry but I remembered poorly. Thinking about it, I was never below
55MPH, so it's possible with that manifold style injection the MPG got
better at lower speeds. But 65MPH was definitely better than 55MPH.

It would be interesting to see how that worked out on a complete curve, but
there are so many factors involved in a car that has anything special about
it for performance that it wouldn't tell us much about the generalities.

My '58 Alfa Romeo with full-race Tom O'Brien motor would hardly run at all
below 40 mph. I think it sprayed raw gas out of the tailpipe at that speed.

Ed Huntress