George

Default Log Loading Ramp for trailer??

Advantage to the snowmobile trailer which tilts. Tongs and a comealong do
it all.

If I didn't have that, I'd rig a piece of sheet goods with a couple of hooks
to fit in the tailgate pockets. Or an A frame which, when winched at the
apex, would raise the end of the log and sling it toward the trailer.
There's also a cant hook with a leg type thing for bucking that might lift
high enough. Can't remember the name just now, but most logging/firewood
places should have an idea.

"Terry King" wrote in message
.. .
Question: Has anyone seen a good design for a "log loading ramp"
to go on the back of a trailer, when winching good sized logs
out in the woods?? I just built a "wood gathering trailer",
and the winch mount I built fits on the rear Class 4 hitch on
my GMC Yukon, and has a trailer hitch on IT so I can winch onto
the trailer. It's already MUCH easier than loading wood up at the
pickup bed level, which I've done for years. BUT there's that
"Get one end of the log up onto the trailer" part. I once
saw a photo of a drop-on ramp that would 'help' the log up
and was moveable right-to-left for different logs in a load.
But I don't remember it well...

Anyone seen or built one, before I try to invent one??
It needs to have somewhat of a Vee shape, to guide a log end
up and on... I think. Large round tubing is what I got, other
steel I can get. Cut, weld, and like that.

I'll post a pointer to the whole deal when I get it all working.
Which better be soon.

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?