Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loss of Power..

The wiring was done by a contractor when the house was built 7 years
ago. If I remember right, I have seen some of the outlets that were
done had those "quick Connects" which I assume you mean are the ones
that they just push in. So, I should disconnect the GFI, and test the
wire to make sure its hot still. If its still HOT, then exchange the
GFI outlet with a new one? I guess I had no idea a GFI outlet can go
"Bad". If its not hot, then head towards the breaker box, pull the
breaker switch (carefully with the main switch OFF) and change it?

Does this sound like the correct kind of approach?

Thanks for your reply!