Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

Default venting dryer indoors

"Jackie" wrote in message
news:Ns2If.88567$4l5.75390@dukeread05...
In an attempt to reduce my heating bills, and at the suggestion of a
friend of
mine, I very recently have redirected my electric dryer vent hose from
blowing outside the house to inside and positioned it over a small bucket
of
water which acts as a lent trap. Now all that "paid for" warm air stays
inside but naturally the humidity level inside the house has increased.
This
results in my windows in that part of the house fogging up when the dryer
has been
running for an extended period but it does seem to dissipate fairly
quickly.
I wondered if anyone else had tried this and whether or not it had worked
out
in the long run. I heat with a natural gas forced air furnace. Thanks.

Stupid at best.

Dangerous and deadly at worst.

Follow your dryer's installation instructions. Never vent a dryer indoors.