Posted to rec.woodworking
Al Miller

Default Mortising machine: what to buy

I needed one for a cradle I made my Gdaughter. After checking the reviews I
went with the Shop Fox and am very happy with it. Check at www.grizzly.com
for latest prices. I also bought the set of chisels they sell. Still sharp
after 160 holes in butternut and white oak.

Have fun,
Al in WA

"Cyrille de Brébisson" wrote in message
hello,

Iam planning to buy a mortising machine for an upcomming project, but I
have a few questions.

- is it really worth it?
- is the $99 HF machine good enough for light usage (like a 1 project a
month type thing)
- I imagine that the HF mortising bits are crap (this type of stuff
usually is crap at HF), but how crap are they really, how much should I
expect to pay in a "real" place (woodcraft) for the bits

any advices?

thanks, cyrille