Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Swap? Atlas 10F change gears, need 618 gears

Andrew H. Wakefield wrote:
Rex, just out of curiosity, what made you decide to keep the 618 and part
out the 10F, rather than the other way around?

Good question. Answer is Relative Condition.

The 10F is babbit bearing HS, 36" bed so it's a 10x18
damaged or missing includes:
Most of leadscrew drive - gears, harp, end bearings
backgear assy
countershaft assy
carriage crossfeed
carriage longitudinal feed gearcase
compound casting

It was set up with a 2HP DC variable speed motor, which I've separated.
Basically, the headstock included the base, the hinged upper cover,
spindle, and a 12" pulley on the left driven by the variable-speed
motor. It was basically a mess when I got it, although somewhat usable.

The 618 is complete, less change gears and maybe a 4-jaw. I've always
had a strange affinity for old tabletop metal lathes

Probably more than you wanted to know

I have other lathes
9" Logan
10x24 Enco
Couple of old AA shelf-warmers.

Rex

"Rex B" wrote in message
I have an Atlas 10F I'm parting out, need accessories for 618 just
acquired.

Atlas 10F, have for trade:
Carriage, apron & cross slide
tailstock
bed 36" OAL
headstock (babbit, re-poured by PO)
reversing box
leadscrew
Change gears, incomplete set
A few other small parts

618:
Need rack gearcase for carriage traverse
Need change gears
steady rest
have keyless chuck on MT1 (?)

anyone want to trade?