Roy

Default Kilns and Furanaces

I have sources for foundry supplies lited on my website (see signature
line) If you have never melted metals and did any casting before,
perhaps a short course in aluminum may be best to get your feet wet.
Its still basically the same concept, and a great way to get started
and gain some experieince.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:27:41 GMT, "Zipper"
wrote:

x-I was wondering if I could get any advice on Kilns and Furnaces. I would
x-like to start doing some casting of Copper, but I'm afraid I don't know much
x-about kilns and furnaces. I've been reading stuff online and I also bought
x-"The Complete Metalsmith" by Tim McCreight, but he doesn't really say what
x-to look for in a Kiln. I was hoping someone could point me towards either a
x-FAQ or good book about this. I'm looking to buy used, but I do need it to be
x-in good condition as I would not know how to repair it. I'm trying not to
x-spend more than $1,000 (USD) for the kiln. Also if someone could help me on
x-where to get a ceramic crucible, I'll be dealing with 99% pure copper so I'm
x-trying not to get something that would be more likely to introduce
x-contaminates in to the copper. Sorry for asking so many questions recently,
x-but I don't have anyone around Atlanta that can teach me about metalworking.
x-Thanks
x-
x--Zipper
x-

--
Visit my website: Remove nospam for correct address
http://www.nospamfrugalmachinist.com

Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects.
Regards
Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye
Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever.
Remove nospam from email address