Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:20:18 +0000, Pooh Bear wrote:
carneyke wrote:
Grahm,
Hot is hot, no matter how you "analyze" it. Today's cars generate much
more heat and there is many more cars than 30 years ago. No science
involved Sherlock, just plain old common sense, I was blessed with and
you.........

I was simply pointing out that the heat generated is in direct relation to
the quantity of fuel used, as opposed to internal working temperatures
where higher temps often means improved efficiency which actually reduces
the overal heat output, like for like.

Of course if certain countries in particular would consider using smaller
engined vehicles then this problem could be vastly ameliorated. Many of
today's cars have power well beyond what is actually reasonably *required*
for personal transportation and as such, this profiligate use of energy
can be considered to be a luxury use.

Graham

Hey! That's it! Tax The Rich!

Wonder howcome nobody's thought of that yet? ;-P

Cheers!
Rich (not "the" rich, that's just my name. )-; )
--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum