Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Help with disconnecting a washing machine

wrote:

|Hi,
|
|Wondered if anyone could help me. I'm having a new washing machine
|delivered on Sunday as my old one has finally died on me. However,
|although they're removing the old one and installing the new one, they
|say that they're not insured to disconnect it for me, and it must be
|disconnected before they get there?!
|
|I haven't a clue. Could anyone please, please list what I need to do
|to disconnect a washing machine. I know that I have to turn the water
|off and unplug it, but that's about it.
|
|Any help would be much appreciated.
|
|Thank very much.
|
|It'll have a normal 3 pin plug
unplug

Plus perhaps hot water in and cold water in. Turn off the taps near the end
of the flexible pipes and remove the flexible pipes which are hand
tightenable.
Plus perhaps water outlet pipe which you just take out of the waste pipe
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are