Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Part P conudrum.....

"Tim S" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Ah, so what you are saying then,

Is that no rules is third world anarchy and standards drop to third
world levels,

We have plenty of "rules" - I think you will find that is partly the
problem. They are so inane, pointless and unenforceable that it
encourages people to ignore them. By extension however it also devalues
the building regulations that do have a good purpose.

I agree that this is a poor state of affairs that will result in falling
standards overall.

I don't see how any of this strengthens your assertion that people face
jail time for non compliance with part P...

The fiest test case will set the agenda on that.

There have actually been three just recently. See:

http://www.iee.org/Forums/forum/mess...VIEWTMP=Linear

Contains a direct link to the Newcastle case:
http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/e...story_continue

All three were acting as professional electricians to the public.

It must work then