Gary Coffman

Default stopping a diesel

On 25 Sep 2003 06:01:35 GMT, (Engineman1) wrote:
I'm thinking of bypassing the stop button with a normally closed relay which
when the keyswitch is turned on will open and release the solenoid which is
stopping the fuel supply. When the key is turned off the solenoid will be
energised and cut off the fuel. Since we don't want to run the batteries dead
over a long period we'd have a time delay relay to cut off the power to the
solenoid and itself after say, 5 minutes. This I hope is a simple method of
accomplishing this purpose with easily obtained materials and not having to
make major changes to the system, or is there a loophole in ny logic?
Engineman1

Sounds to me like you're just adding complications, ie more things that
can go wrong.

Gary