Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Link Garage Lights to Garage Opener?

GoHabsGo wrote:

What's the best way to link up the garage lights to a garage opener? Our
opener has very poor source of light. I would like the overhead lights to
turn on when the garage door opens. Is there some kind of device that I
can add to the switch that can be activated in conjunction with the opener?

Thanks,

Larry

Hmmm,
Usually opener has two light bulb sockets to take 2 60W lamps. Not
enough? I installed motion sensor based light fixture inside garage.
When we walk in from side door it lights up and goes out after certain
delay(adjustable). If car is coming in, both lights comes on which gives
more than enough light.