Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default The $29.95 Angle Drill continued

On 12 Feb 2006 17:10:34 -0800, "robo hippy" wrote:

A while back, I reported that the cheap angle/close quarter drill that
I purchased died as the bearings wore out. Well, one of the guys in our
club asked for it to check it out and see if he could replace the
bearings ( Oh Boy! This gives me something to do in my lunch hour!) Any
way the report came back that the bearings were fine, but that the
plastic case had worn out. I had noticed that the mandril had a lot of
play in it, say + or - almost 1/8 inch. The wear was the reason. He is
going to epoxy it and see if that will work for another short while.
Some of the turners up in Salem (Willamette Valley Woodturners) got
some. 2 out of the three they got had the trigger switch go bad. Has
anyone else out there had any mechanical failures with them?

I did get my money worth of use and abuse out of it, and I will wait
until my other Sioux/Milwaukee drills die before getting another one.

robo hippy

mine's still chugging... I'm using it most nights and weekends...
I don't do your volume, Reed, but I'm sure it's done close to 100 bowls and worn
out 3 or 4 sanding mandrels...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis