Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John \(NC\)

Default Turning Mag's

Thanks to everyone for the info on magazine. I will see if I can find a copy
at the local bookstore or newsstands. I also plan on getting the "Turning
Green Wood" book and video because I saw a posting that say they were good.

Again thanks,

John

"George" George@least wrote in message

"John (NC)" wrote in message
. ..
I was wondering are there any good turning magazines they you veteran
turners would recommend for a beginner?

Not for a beginner. Probably best to get a basic book on turning and work
from there. Magazines attempt cover trends, not the basics, and can get
a bit over the edge occasionally.

If you can get it _The Practical Woodturner_ by Frank Pain is a great
start. Not about this tool or that, or current styles, but about the
basics of how to make an edge remove wood cleanly from a rotating object.