Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bait and switch? Insurance scam? (long-winded)

I'm reminded of the old saying, "if you loan a man $20 and never see
him again, it was probably worth it." Adjusting for inflation, walking
away from the whole thing right now might be the best $40 you ever
spent.

OTOH, it's a little tempting to stay in, just to see how the plot plays
out. This has all the elements of a good story so far: character
development, dramatic tension, foreshadowing. Anyone else have a
feeling that we haven't heard the last of that leaking roof, and that
vagrant is going to come back into the picture at some point (pssst...
HE'S IN THE ATTIC).