Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default How do I cut a 7.25 inch hole through a wall?

Pete wrote:
Hi.

Does anyone know of a good way to cut a 7.25 inch (185 mm) circular
hole through a wall?

I have attempted to hire a hole cutter but they seem to stop at 6",
which is definitely too small.

The depth and nature of the wall is an additional problem. It is about
12" thick, and is made up of two 4" rows of breeze blocks with an
insulation-filled cavity between them. The breeze blocks are faced
with masonry on the outer wall, and plaster on the inner wall.

Drilling a circle of holes and knocking out the core would, I imagine,
be pretty tricky in terms of lining up the drill holes given the depth
of the wall. It would also be time consuming, and the end result would
be ragged.

Any suggestions for better methods would be welcome - particularly if
someone knows where I might hire a hole cutter big enough to do the
job! (I live near Norwich, just in case anyone knows anwhere local to
me.)

Thanks.

HSS do a 200mm diamond drilling rig £96/day +VAT

http://www.hss.com/g/1611/Drilling_R...cuum_Pump.html

hth