Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m

Default Part P conudrum.....

"Richard Conway" wrote in message
Ian_m wrote:
"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
snip

No you didn't - you needed that bit to raise the sockets, which you did at
the same time as the other work

Actually some other info, in talking to council and/others:-

My water softner fitted under the sink with a 30cm spur off dishwasher
socket (so didn't have to remove dishwasher to unplug water softener)
should have had a Part P certificate, "but it was fitted before Jan 2005
wasn't it Sir ?", nod nod, wink, wink, according to council.

A large kitchen supplier in the South has been fitting kitchens and not been
issuing Part P's as management thought it was responsibility of their
electrician and electrician thought it was managements responsibility, the
electrician just signed the companies installation certificate (after
testing) and thought management would inform council. Not a safety issue but
failure of paperwork issue.....

My reel of 2.5mm red/black is not long enough for anythong interesting, yet
alone secondary kitchen ring, so oh well blue/brown for me.