Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Part P conudrum.....

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Ah, so what you are saying then,

Is that no rules is third world anarchy and standards drop to third world
levels,

We have plenty of "rules" - I think you will find that is partly the
problem. They are so inane, pointless and unenforceable that it encourages
people to ignore them. By extension however it also devalues the building
regulations that do have a good purpose.

I agree that this is a poor state of affairs that will result in falling
standards overall.

I don't see how any of this strengthens your assertion that people face
jail time for non compliance with part P...

The fiest test case will set the agenda on that.