Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kev

Default Disposing of Fluorescent Tubes

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:37:31 +0000, Kate wrote:

It's interesting to note the misconception by Dave Liquorice,

Naw it's the weekend brain doesn't work well at the weekend with the
ankle biters about. B-)

Still not convinced that comparing the energy used by the appliance with
the energy used to transport when dead it is particulary useful. Indeed
it just shows that saving up your waste until you have a full load is
much better as the energy used is then spread over many more items.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Where are we expected to save up all this waste to make a bulk run to
the tip with. The tube goes so I get a new tube leaving the old one to
be disposed of. It isn't exactly the sort of thing that you can leave
lieing around. In fact I am surprised that a council that is so pc just
left it on the side of the drive where my children could have stood on
it or the local children played light sabres with it.
I did notice when throwing the cardboard tube out that there is a
useful wheelie bin symbol with a cross through it but nothing to say
how it should actually be disposed of. Perhaps something more prominent
would be useful as I had never realised that tubes were such a hazard.
I only visit the tip once a year if that so having a tube lieing around
all that time is not really on.

Kevin