Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Sub Floor Question

I have a subfloor( actually I had 1 x 2 spaced at 16in OC with
styrofoam insulation between and covered with plywood) installed in my
basement 12 years ago. I installed a carpet on the floor 6 years ago.
Last summer, the basement was flooded through one of the windows. I
had all the carpet wet. I mopped a lot of the water on the carpet and
purchased a dehumidifier which I ran for the rest of the summer. For
the first couple of days a lot of water was removed by the unit.

My question is, should I have removed the carpet and the subfloor to
avoid mold problem ? I intend to run the dehumidifier all summer
again.

Thanks.