Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
JerryD\(upstateNY\)

Default Which Tankless? Bosh, Rinnai, Takagi or?

I have the Bosch 125 natural gas water heater and I am happy with it.
I have had it for 4-5 years and have had no problems.
The Bosch 250 might be the one for people who want to run 2 things at the
same time.
A 125 at each end of a large house would probably be better.
Ours has a regular 5" flue but you can get the one with the power vent that
uses 3"-4" pipe and doesn't have to be pitched toward a chimney.

--
JerryD(upstateNY)

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
om...
We are looking for Tankless Hot water heaters. I have 2 Uses. One in my home
and one for a Granny unit we are building.

For the Main Home, I was going to install it at the Far end of the house
closest to the 2 Full Bathrooms and leave the Existing 40 Gallon LP Tank to
service the Kitchen and Laundry.

The Granny will be for the entire unit. It will have 1.5 baths, Kitchen
Sink, Dishwasher and Laundry.

So I'm thinking a 4 Gallon unit would work fine for both applications.

Most of my local home improvement center carry the Bosh Auqastar line of
tankless hot water heaters, our LP Supplier recommends the Rinnai and I've
had Friends tell me the Takagi is the way to go.

There seems to be a big price jump with the ones they sell at the home
improvement centers vs. the Rinnai and the Takagi. Makes me think that the
ones at the home improvement centers are just ones to get you by...

Any one have an opinion on any of the Tankess options out there?

Thanks,
Scott-