Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

Default Laser levels

Phisherman wrote:
I'm planning to install about 400 feet of (three layered) crown
molding in 5 rooms with several outside corners. I'm wondering if I
should buy a laser lever device or just use what I have (4' bubble
level and chalk line). At the BORG I saw several laser level types
and prices. Any suggestions on brands/types? It would be nice to
keep the price under $50 (I saw some over $300!). What are the big
advantages over a traditional chalk line? I did not particularly like
the 3M stick strips, but I guess there are limited ways to hold the
device up 10' on the wall. TIA

The self leveling kind are the best. IMO, it seems like a waste to
spend cash on a laser line that still requires a mechanical level.

I bought the black & decker from HD that has vertical and horizontal
lines, self leveling, and can be hung from a strap at any level. I
used it when framing my basement, and finding the studs when
drywalling. It really works well.

I can't recall the price $80-$100 I believe.

if you have a camera tripod, I think it will attach to this.