Posted to rec.woodworking
Norman D. Crow

Default Laser levels

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Phisherman" wrote in message

I'm planning to install about 400 feet of (three layered) crown
molding in 5 rooms with several outside corners. I'm wondering if I
should buy a laser lever device or just use what I have (4' bubble
level and chalk line). At the BORG I saw several laser level types
and prices. Any suggestions on brands/types? It would be nice to
keep the price under $50 (I saw some over $300!). What are the big
advantages over a traditional chalk line? I did not particularly like
the 3M stick strips, but I guess there are limited ways to hold the
device up 10' on the wall. TIA

I routinely use a relatively cheap Black and Decker "Bullseye" to mark
reference lines when installing cabinets/shelves, etc. Beats the hell out
of a level for layout, IMO, and although probably considered cheesy by
"pro"
standards, it works for me and fits your budget.

--

I've looked real hard @ the Bullseye level, thinking about it's
"self-leveling" claim. I bought one of the Crapsman ones a couple years

--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.