Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Disposing of Fluorescent Tubes

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:05:23 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
writes

I've had a couple of very early white fillings replaced, but nothing
else that was done in the last 25 years. Equally, I haven't used NHS
dentistry for 25 years either.

I can remember being told at the time of having a repair done to a
lower incisor about 20 years ago that it might not last. It actually
lasted about 10 years and was replaced 15 years ago with new material.
It has remained in good shape ever since.

The situation seems to be a combination of material used and time
taken. I know that a private dentist takes a lot more trouble over
issues like ensuring a proper key and making sure that everything is
dry before placing the filling.

I might go for ceramics next time then (having just had a couple of gold
caps fitted !)

That's more cosmetic, AIUI. The "gold" caps (I have some as well)
are gold and platinum or other noble metals. I'm told that they are
more durable than ceramic but are obviously less aesthetic (if that
bothers you) Personally, mine are near the back and I'm more
interested in mechanics than aesthetics.

--

..andy