Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Cost of Vinyl Siding

"Bgreer5050" wrote in message
. net...
Wow. 60% only. What are the other expenses? Are you using Soffit &

Fascia
in this calculation or house wrap? Just curious.

59.73% to be exact. I pulled an invoice from December 2004 to make sure this
was correct.

I bought my materials at a wholesalers. The box stores tend to mark up the
trim pieces more than the siding because most people don't realize the total
cost of the project. They look at a cheap price for the siding and are
really shocked when they add up the total bill.

I stripped the exterior to the studs, added insulation, new OSB and house
wrap. NONE of that is included in the following figures:

Nails and any tool purchases are not included.

Total cost of materials after returns and before sales tax $768.00
Less the cost of soffit materials included on invoice ($157.00)
Net invoice amount of siding only materials $611.00
Total cost of siding boards only $365.00 59.73%
Cost of all trim pieces $246.00 41.27%

Seven new windows with attached J-channel were installed or the trim cost
would have been higher. The trim included 4 OS corners, 2 IS corners and
the proper amount of J-channel, starter strip and sill strip, also used at
the top of the last piece, to complete the project. I think I even wound up
going back for another piece or two of J or sill but that is not included
in these numbers. There was no leftover or returned trim.

Colbyt