Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gstringe

Default Old Mitsubishi big screen FIXED!!

Well after spending most of a day, pondering the schematic, changing a
few caps and a lot of thinking and probing, it seemed that I could make
it verticle jitter by probing the pieces parts of the set, but not with
100% certainty. Then sliding each yoke back a little and rotating,
hoping to find or eliminate any yoke leakage possibility. I called it
a day and was to get a few additional caps monday.

Well I moved a tv from other room as a temporary substitute for the
duration of the repair. I hooked the sub up in place of the Mitzi and
that is when I discovered the actual source of the problem....

The cable box!!!

Have had a number of cable box problems over the years but haven't seen
an intermittent vertical jitter before. I guess that after only 50
years of circuit shooting I still haven't seen it all..As Gilda used to
say..."Its always something"

One looses the "hand" if you don't do this every day.

Many thanks for the inputs guys.