Ernie Leimkuhler

Default '85 Toyota Truck - Engine Dilemma

In article , Ken Finney
wrote:

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , JR North
wrote:

Oh, jezzus, I hear this alot. A low mileage '85 22R. 18
years old. From Japan, where they junk the cars after 3
years? Think about it.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ken Finney wrote:

Have you checked those places in the Little Nickel that sell low

mileage
engines from Japan?

In Japan you have to swap out your engine at 30,000 miles, Why?,
because they are insane.

Not insane, just different.

These engines are then resold in the US as replacement engines for
about $600 - $800, however 20R and 22R engines made for use in Japan
are illegal in the US so you have to deal with a rebuilt US engine.

Hadn't thought about that, but how would anyone know it wasn't a "US
engine"?

I have no idea.
All I know is that they can't be had from any importer in the US.
Nobody, nada, nil, not a one, never to be had.