Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

Default Laser levels

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:26:48 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

I'm wondering if I should buy a laser lever device

Last time I did some tiling I bought one of these
One of the best gadgets I ever bought! Paid for itself on one job. It's
a pair of line projector lasers, one vertical and one horizontal.
Excellent for tiling or anything where you're doing complicated two axis
stuff in a small area at a time.

For a simple level around a whole room, I'd probably get a "whirling
spot" device. These aren't quite so visible, but they have a wider
usable arc (360°) without repositioning.

Prices vary a lot. Cheap ones are less bright and less robust, but still
accurate and useful.