Posted to rec.woodworking
George Berlinger

Default Re-DeWalt 733 planer blade change

Thanks for the reply`s for changing the blades on my DeWalt 733. The jigs
that come with the planer worked fine. It was an easier task than I thought.
Even torqued it to 50# as told in the manual.
I saw why i was getting ridges on my wood, they are a few fine nicks
that should be able to be sharpened out.
Oh yea, it said to be careful taking out old n putting in new blades; so you
don,t get cut. Well, the new blades had grease on them, I turned a blade
over n was wiping it with a paper towel....ouueeeeechhhh...got nicked. Not
to bad, but drawed blood. Leave the grease on, it not that much.
Anyway, thanks again........
Let the chips fall where they may................................