Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default Laser levels

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I'm planning to install about 400 feet of (three layered) crown
molding in 5 rooms with several outside corners. I'm wondering if I
should buy a laser lever device or just use what I have (4' bubble
level and chalk line). At the BORG I saw several laser level types
and prices. Any suggestions on brands/types? It would be nice to
keep the price under $50 (I saw some over $300!). What are the big
advantages over a traditional chalk line? I did not particularly like
the 3M stick strips, but I guess there are limited ways to hold the
device up 10' on the wall. TIA

If you buy one, get a better one than mine. I don't know the brand I bought
but it was around $20. You get what you pay for! It shoots a nice straight
line, but level? Not even close. It's off by 1/2" on less than 20 feet.
You could also consider a water level.

--

-Mike-