Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Part P conudrum.....

"Steve Firth" fresh from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
Huge wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:05:16 +0000, Tim S wrote:

Huge wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:47:29 +0000, Tim S wrote:

Dave wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

Part P has done much to erode the rule of law.
What can one expect of the dunce that started this?

When I see the 'ODPM' I quake, as he is so incompetent.

If he had half a brain, if only :-)

Dave
To be fair, Fatman John is not actually dreaming up most of this
crap -
it's more often than not in response to some directive from the EU.

I can find the directive behind Part P if you wish for some evidence.
Except that the UK is notorious for "gold plating" EU legislation. I'd
be prepared to bet that the existing law already met EU directives, and
then some, but whenever a new EU directive lands on some beaurocrats
desk in Whitehall, he rubs his hand with glee and makes up another 200
page law.

I can believe that, though I cannot understand WHY.

It's what beaurocrats *do*. Their "product" is beaurocracy.

Also Whitehall is *very* good at dreaming up ****ingStupidLegislation(tm)
that they do not wish to enact themselves. So they prime their
ToadyPoodles (Mandelswine etc) in the EU commission to promote the
legislation as a directive. Then they stand back and sigh and say "well we
didn't want this, but those damn Europeans, you know?"

And I'm speaking from personal experience here,

Wow! Were you the PM at one time?